Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy
What is Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy?
Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy is a highly specialized form of Physiotherapy focused on the muscles + function of the pelvic floor. An assessment of the pelvic floor muscles can include postural analysis, a close look at the hips, spine, and abdomen, and an external + internal exam of the pelvic floor muscles themselves.
Do I Need Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy?Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy can be highly impactful for those who are experiencing:
- Pelvic pain
- Pain with sex / tampon use
- Leaks (or incontinence) with sneezing, jumping, running and so on
- Increased urgency or a "small bladder"
- Low back, hip, SI joint, tailbone pain
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Pregnancy related aches + pains
- Postpartum recovery
- Premenopausal / Menopausal concerns
- Weakness of the "core" muscles
- Painful periods and endometriosis
If you nodded while you read through this list, you may benefit from a Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy assessment. It's sort of a secret that the issues above can be significantly improved (if not completely "fixed") by working with a Pelvic Floor Physiotherapist!
Our Pelvic Floor Physiotherapist - Aliya Dhalla:
Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy in Toronto
- Female Pelvic Pain + Incontinence
- Diastasis Rectus Abdominis + The Implications for Low Back + Pelvic Health
- Cesarean Birth: The Role of Physiotherapy in Preparation + Recovery
- Labour + Delivery: Maternal Support through Comfort Measures + Pelvic Biomechanics
- Pregnancy, Pelvic Girdle Pain + The Pelvic Floor
- Pediatric Incontinence + Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- Postnatal Fitness Specialist Training
- Stott Pilates trained (Mat + Reformer)
She enjoys working with women+ during pregnancy + postpartum, loves helping people do the things they love without leaking, and teaching people how to have pain-free intimacy. She is also obsessed with making sure each of her patients are never constipated!
If you're in the Toronto area and are looking for a compassionate, relatable, highly experienced + skilled Pelvic Floor Physiotherapist, book an appointment with Aliya here. She is available every Wednesday and occasional Sundays at 101 Spadina Ave, Unit 103 in Toronto - within the Imprint Pilates Studio.
If you're outside of Toronto and are looking for virtual care, please book an appointment here.
If you'd like to join Aliya on Instagram, you can find her @boxwellnessco. She often posts pelvic health tips + strategies to address common pelvic floor dysfunction.
If you're wondering if Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy is right for you, drop us a note below - Aliya will be sure to get back to you!